Saturday, April 7, 2012

Too Many Roos

Too Many Roos
Well, I've known for a while that I have too many roosters. Two too many to be exact. Hubby doesn't like eating fertilized eggs (always picking out the blood spot) and has been bugging me to sell the 2 extras. So, I put them on Craig's List and a woman is driving up from TN to buy them. 

I was in tears when I got off the phone! I can't believe I'm that emotionally attached to these guys! They're big, beautiful, and very docile. I just don't need them, and they're eating more than they're worth. But I'm still upset at selling them. I am keeping one, just because I need his feathers and his protective energy in the yard, and because I'd like to get some eggs from him & Doe (the only Buff Brahma hen I have, all the others are Rhode Island Reds). Once I get an incubator I'll be keeping Doe's eggs to hatch out. I want a yard full of Buff Brahmas!

So, here I sit waiting for the buyer to come get my roos. I think I'll go take some last pictures of them.

Bye, bye Rooster Cogburn & Tough Guy!

The woman that bought my big beauties was great! As I was putting them in their cage in her truck she told them that they were going to go some place to be very spoiled! Woohoo! Thank you, Goddess, I don't have to worry that I abandoned them! I'm happy, no more tears & worries! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment