Thursday, January 3, 2013

Topsy-Turvy Rag Mop Spirit Doll

Topsy-Turvy Rag Mop Spirit Doll
A client asked for a Spirit doll for money and love. Originally I was just going to have the appropriate herbs inside the doll, but as she had requested a "king" doll to represent wealth, how was I going to also incorporate the love aspect?

So, I decided to make a Topsy-Turvy doll. But I wanted it to be different, not like most Topsy-Turvy dolls. As always, when I have a question it gets answered - I saw a post on Facebook about how to make rag mop dolls. Perfect! A Topsy-Turvy Rag Mop Doll!

Here is the doll:


This one is King Mansa Musa (c. 1280-1377) of Mali. He was the richest man in history, worth (by today's standards) over $400 Billion!

This one is Erzulie Dantor, Voodoo Goddess of Love, Romance, Art, Jealousy, Passion, & Sex.

I will be offering OOAK Spirit Dolls on the Crafted Items page. Each one using colors and deities or persons who are appropriate to the requested purpose(s). The Spirit doll is then placed on the altar and a ritual performed to bring it to life.

4 comments:

  1. I love, love, love this! The recipient of this doll is blessed indeed. Your talent is amazing!

    ReplyDelete