Saturday, July 2, 2011

Almost Instant Cure for Bites & Stings

If you get bit by a bug or stung by a bee, take a Broad Leaf Plantain (Plantago major) leaf, chew it up and stick that mess on the sting or bite. The pain goes away within seconds.

By the time you go in the house, gather all the other stuff and get started you're in a bad mood, the pain can be excruciating, and you fumble around because it hurts so much. When you could've already had the problem solved and on your way doing what ever
you were doing.

I know. I did this. I'm mildly allergic to stings, and ALWAYS have the sting/bite area swell up for days or weeks. Well, I walked barefoot (usually do) and got stung by a bee or something - didn't see it, but I SURE felt it! I immediately picked a Plantain leaf, chewed it up and stuck the mess on the sting, which was on the knuckle of my little toe (gods, what a sucky place to get stung!) Within 5 seconds the pain was gone. And it STAYED gone. No residual stinging later, etc.. No swelling. Nothing. Awesome!

Wish I'd known this last year when I was stung on the hand by a wasp. It swelled up and lasted over a month. And that was AFTER sucking out the venom with a syringe.

Oh, it also makes an EXCELLENT "lettuce" in salads and really, really good on homemade hamburgers! And is far more nutritious as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment