Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Knot Magic

New Year's Knot Magic

Materials
10' long rope
Find 9 objects that will be tied into the knots

As you say each line of the spell, tie a knot around the object that goes with that knot. Each knot should be about 12" apart (or at least evenly spaced), so there will be a rope at the top and a tail of rope at the end. If you have to measure it out and mark the rope at each 12", this way you'll know where to place each knot.

The objects should represent aspects of your life you want covered in the coming year.

For example, these are what I have planned (at the moment, but I tend to change things on the spur-of-the-moment):
1) Money - tie a small bag of coins in one knot
2) Good Health - for me, the Sun represents "healing", so I will tie a sun shape into this knot
3) Employment/Career - I do pyrography, so I will make a small woodburned talisman to tie in this knot
4) Family - tie a small picture of your family to this knot
5) Happy Home - tie something that reminds you of "home" in this knot
6) Marriage/Relationship - tie a ring or other item that would remind you of your partner
7) "Wants" - write a Petition Paper the (reasonable) things you want to get or achieve this year (for me it's a new pyrography pen set, and other craft tools)
8) "Needs" - write on a Petition Paper the things you know you will need that will improve your life (for me, that would be the materials to make the pyrography designs to sell, and the materials to finish the renovations on our old brick one-room schoolhouse)
9) "Blessings" - write the most memorable blessings that happened for the previous year (2013)
10) Good Luck - tie a good luck talisman to this knot. I decorate old horseshoes with beads & wire, I will place this one on the bottom knot, 1) because it's heavy, and 2) then all of the blessing from the other knots & items can flow into the horseshoe and overflow until "my cup runneth over".
11) Protection of All - tie the 2 ends together to make it into a circle, and this is your protection that seals and protects the other knots in the spell.

These are just a few ideas.There are as many ways to do this as there each of us who will do it. So have fun, and have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year!

By knot of one, the spell's begun.
By knot of two, the magic comes true.
By knot of three, so it shall be.
By knot of four, this power is stored.
By knot of five, my will shall drive.

By knot of six, the spell I fix.
By knot of seven, the future I leaven.
By knot of eight, my will be fate.
By knot of nine, what is done is mine
.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years and Blessings.
    I preformed my first New Years hoodoo ritual with my decreased elders altered. My faith is strenghten as I continue to leard and grow. I only seek goodness and blessings in my work. I stumbled across your site because I was seeking confirmation to what was already manifest to me. It's nice to know I'm not the only person that keeps secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always a great feeling when you find others who think or do things similar to you. You finally don't feel "odd", and it's very comforting to know that IF you need a question answered, there are others out there who can help. All of what I've done has been by instinct, and it was many, many years before I found that what I did naturally, wasn't some freaky thing.

    Blessings to you on your Path, and I hope you're New Year is a great & blessed one!

    ReplyDelete