What's in the Holler
- Saint Tributes
- Lesson: Protection: Grounding, Centering & Shielding
- Lesson: Anatomy of Ritual & Magical Theory
- Lesson: Ethics & Morals in Magical Works
- Lesson: Magickal Craft Names
- Lesson: Personal Power
- Lesson: Seals, Sigils, & Bindrunes
- Lesson: Magic Seals of Solomon
- Lesson: Black Pullet Seals
- Lesson: Potions & Powders
- Lesson: On Death & Dying
- Links & Favorite Sites
- A Witch's Craft Books
- **Fire Magick Designs**
- About, Contact, & Policies
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
The Completed Garden - Dedicated to Lugh
The fence is up, the gate is finished, and the Runic & Ogham blessings are in place! The garden is dedicated to Lugh's aspect of the Fertility Sun God of the Good Harvest.
The inside posts have a blessing in Ogham that reads, "Bless this Land".
The gate handle is an old horseshoe painted with runes "Abundance, Good Harvest", plus 3 individual runes; Kaunaz, Othila, & Ior. Across the top is a runic sentence that says "Here there be Dragons and Faeries":
The bindrune is a combination of Ior (good year, cycles), Jera (harvest, reward), Othila (gardening, home, land). The 2 side runes say, "Lugh".
Next week the seeds will be planted by the Moon phases & Planets. I can then relax, watering daily, weeding as necessary, but - LOL - at least the hard work is finished! :)