Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Queen, My Mother

My Queen, My Mother
My Queen, my Mother, 
I give myself entirely to thee, 
and to show my devotion to thee, 
I consecrate to thee this day, 
my eyes, my ears, my mouth, my heart, 
my whole being without reserve. 
Wherefore good Mother as I am thine own, 
keep me, guard me, as thy property and possession.
Amen

I love this prayer, the words & meaning are beautiful. While this is a prayer to Mary, "the Queen, the Mother" is also known by many names in many cultures and this can apply to any one of them, as the petitioner's practice calls for.

Too often the different religions declare "we own that!" But in reality, no they do not. The beautiful words in prayers or spells cross all religious boundaries. No one religion holds the patent on these words. The intent of the words are what is important, the Divine doesn't give a shit about the "religion" (a human construct) from which they come from. Unfortunately too many humans are too hung up on the minutia of stupid details to figure it out. Sad for them because they miss sooo much beauty as a result of that prejudice.

As for me, I just read the words and enjoy their intent and try to share with those who are open to their beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment