Friday, September 28, 2012

Lavender Labyrinth

Lavender Labyrinth
This was posted on my Facebook page. Isn't it beautiful?! Wow! Can you imagine the awesome scent it would give?! When we finally get to our Kansas property I will most definitely be planting one of these in front of the church building, with the entrance facing the church doors.



Lavender (Lavandula officinalis):

Magickal Aspects:
Chastity, Clairvoyance, Devotion, Dreams, Faery magick, Handfasting, Happiness, Healing, Longevity, Love, Meditation, Mental clarity, Money, Peace, Protection, Purification, Sexuality, Sleep, Virtue, Wishes


Deities: 
Aradia, Elves, Faeries, Hecate, Saturn

Gender: M
Planet: Mercury
Element: Air
 
Doing the math to figure out how large a diameter I want and the number of seeds to plant or the number of plants to buy will be lots of fun! I'd like a Mimosa tree in the center. I think the pink blooms with the beautiful lavender flowers would be a gorgeous contrast. LOL Of course, as large as the Mimosa gets, that means the lavender labyrinth will be quite large as well! Maybe I should re-think the tree in the center!


Mimosa

No comments:

Post a Comment