Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My View of the 3-Fold Law

The 3-Fold Law is my favorite bunch of bullshit. Magic is still based in natural laws. The Universe and all that is in it cannot escape these laws. In this instance, the equation is stating that 1+1=3. This is absolutely, unequivocally wrong. 


1) Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, period (note the term EQUAL reaction, not three times the reaction!); and 


2) nowhere in the laws of math & science does 1+1=3, it's impossible.

This is why I always teach that the 3-Fold Law can be applied only to the self (if you want to believe in any of it in any form whatsoever). A different way to understand this is through the concept of "cause and effect". By performing a ritual or spell you are sending out positive energy to affect a situation. When the situation is successfully resolved this automatically makes you feel good and in turn influences your thoughts, which alters your state of consciousness, which stirs your emotions, which has a physical (chemical) effect on the body. The results of all of this, lifts your spirit. So with that one positive act, you have been affected in three ways: body, mind, and spirit. This is your three-fold response to the return of the energy sent out.



AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through a post on the real world pagan network. I love you site.

    I am also happy that I am not the only one that feels the way I do about the 3-fold law. When I read "The 3-fold law is my favorite bunch of bullshit." It cracked me up. I also completely agree with the body, mind and spirit part and have been arguing it for years with others.

    Thanks for a great blog and the best of luck in your new home in KS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you!

    We're in the middle of packing - we leave on Tues., 2/26/2013. We were leaving tomorrow, but there's a huge storm (8"-12" of snow!) blowing through our travel route right now. Thank you for the best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete